In recent years, “Netflix and Chill” has become a popular phrase synonymous with a cozy night in, snuggled up on the couch with your favorite snacks, and indulging in some binge-watching. With an extensive library of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more, Netflix has revolutionized the way we consume entertainment. In 2020, Netflix provided us with a plethora of captivating content that kept us glued to our screens. In this article, we present a curated list of the top Netflix recommendations of 2020, ensuring that your “Netflix and Chill” sessions are filled with excitement and enjoyment.
- “The Queen’s Gambit”: “The Queen’s Gambit” took the world by storm in 2020. This mesmerizing limited series follows the journey of an orphaned chess prodigy named Beth Harmon. Set in the 1960s, it beautifully captures Beth’s struggles and triumphs as she rises through the ranks of the chess world. With its compelling storyline and brilliant performances, “The Queen’s Gambit” is a must-watch for anyone seeking a captivating and thought-provoking drama.
- “Money Heist” (La Casa de Papel): “Money Heist” became a global sensation with its thrilling plot and fascinating characters. The Spanish heist crime drama follows a group of robbers who plan and execute heists on the Royal Mint of Spain and the Bank of Spain. With its intricate narrative, unexpected twists, and adrenaline-pumping moments, “Money Heist” will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout its gripping seasons.
- “The Trial of the Chicago 7”: Directed by Aaron Sorkin, “The Trial of the Chicago 7” is a powerful courtroom drama based on true events. The film delves into the trial of seven defendants charged with conspiracy during the 1968 Democratic National Convention. With its stellar ensemble cast and expert storytelling, this thought-provoking movie highlights themes of justice, activism, and the power of standing up for what is right.
- “The Midnight Gospel”: Created by Duncan Trussell and Pendleton Ward, “The Midnight Gospel” is an animated series that combines philosophical discussions with vibrant visuals. The show follows Clancy, a spacecaster, as he travels to different simulated worlds and interviews various beings. Through its surreal and thought-provoking episodes, “The Midnight Gospel” explores existential questions and offers profound insights into life, death, and spirituality.
- “The Social Dilemma”: “The Social Dilemma” is a documentary that sheds light on the dark side of social media and its impact on society. It features interviews with former employees of major tech companies who discuss the addictive nature of social media platforms and their role in shaping public opinion. This eye-opening documentary serves as a cautionary tale, urging viewers to reflect on their digital habits and the consequences of unchecked technological influence.
- “Enola Holmes”: Based on the book series by Nancy Springer, “Enola Holmes” introduces us to Sherlock Holmes’ younger sister, Enola. Played by Millie Bobby Brown, Enola embarks on a thrilling adventure to find her missing mother. This charming and witty film offers a fresh take on the Sherlock Holmes universe, combining mystery, humor, and female empowerment.
Overall, Netflix continues to provide a wide range of captivating content that appeals to diverse audiences. The top recommendations of 2020 showcased in this article are just a glimpse of the exceptional entertainment available on the platform. Whether you enjoy drama, crime, documentaries, or animation, Netflix has something to offer everyone. So, grab your popcorn, cozy up on the couch, and embark on a binge-watching journey filled with excitement, laughter, and thought-provoking moments. Happy Netflix and Chill!