“Little House on the Prairie” was a beloved television show that aired from 1974 to 1983. It was based on the autobiographical book series by Laura Ingalls Wilder and followed the adventures of the Ingalls family as they lived on a farm in the late 1800s. The show’s cast was made up of many talented actors who brought these characters to life.
Let’s take a look at what the “Little House on the Prairie” cast looks like now. Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura Ingalls, is now a writer and producer. Michael Landon, who played Laura’s father Charles, passed away in 1991. Karen Grassle, who played Caroline Ingalls, is now retired from acting.
Alison Arngrim, who played Nellie Oleson, has continued to act in various TV shows and movies. Melissa Sue Anderson, who played Mary Ingalls, has mostly retired from acting and is now a writer. Dean Butler, who played Almanzo Wilder, has also retired from acting and is now a producer.
Despite the show’s end in 1983, the “Little House on the Prairie” cast remains iconic to this day. Fans of the show continue to revisit the series through streaming services and home video releases. The show’s message of family, hard work, and perseverance still resonates with viewers of all ages.
Here is a list of the main cast of “Little House on the Prairie” and where they are now:
- Michael Landon (Charles Ingalls) – passed away in 1991
- Melissa Gilbert (Laura Ingalls) – currently an actress and producer, also involved in political activism
- Karen Grassle (Caroline Ingalls) – retired from acting and currently living in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Melissa Sue Anderson (Mary Ingalls) – currently living in Montreal, Canada and occasionally acts in television and film
- Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush (Carrie Ingalls) – retired from acting and pursuing other careers
- Richard Bull (Nels Oleson) – passed away in 2014
- Katherine MacGregor (Harriet Oleson) – passed away in 2018
- Alison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson) – currently a comedian and activist
- Jonathan Gilbert (Willie Oleson) – currently a stockbroker
- Kevin Hagen (Dr. Hiram Baker) – passed away in 2005
These are just a few of the main cast members, as the show featured many other recurring characters and guest stars over the years.
“Little House on the Prairie” was a beloved television series that aired from 1974 to 1983. Based on the autobiographical book series by Laura Ingalls Wilder, the show followed the adventures of the Ingalls family as they settled in the town of Walnut Grove, Minnesota in the late 19th century. The series dealt with themes of family, community, and the struggles of life on the American frontier.
The show starred Michael Landon as patriarch Charles Ingalls, Karen Grassle as his wife Caroline, and Melissa Gilbert as their daughter Laura. The show became a cultural touchstone, inspiring a devoted fanbase and continuing to be celebrated today through reruns and home video releases. Overall, “Little House on the Prairie” left a lasting impact on television and continues to be beloved by generations of viewers.