If you’re a fan of spicy and flavorful dishes, then you’ll definitely love Thai green curry chicken. This dish is a staple in Thai cuisine and is made with a variety of aromatic herbs and spices, such as lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir lime leaves. The creamy and fragrant green curry sauce pairs perfectly with tender chicken and vegetables, making it a comforting and satisfying meal.
To make Thai green curry chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 2-3 tbsp. green curry paste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 fresh green chili peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
Here are the steps to make Thai green curry chicken:
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, and chili peppers, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green curry paste to the skillet and stir well to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the bell peppers, coconut milk, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the curry simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning with salt, if necessary.
- To serve, spoon the curry into bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Thai green curry chicken!
To make the curry more authentic, you can add kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, and Thai basil leaves. These ingredients are commonly used in Thai cuisine and will give your dish a burst of flavor. Additionally, you can adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less green curry paste, or by adding fresh chili peppers. Serve your green curry chicken with steamed rice or noodles, and garnish with chopped cilantro for an extra pop of freshness.
In conclusion, Thai green curry chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. By following these simple steps and using the right ingredients, you can create a flavorful and authentic Thai green curry that will impress your family and friends. So go ahead and give it a try, and enjoy the mouthwatering flavors of Thai cuisine in the comfort of your own home.