Potato salad is a classic dish that is perfect for any picnic, barbecue, or family gathering. With a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious and satisfying potato salad that everyone will love. One thing to keep in mind is that potato salad is best served chilled, so be sure to refrigerate it for at least an hour before serving. Additionally, you can customize your potato salad by adding different herbs, spices, or even vegetables like chopped celery or bell peppers for added crunch and flavor.
Here’s a guide on how to make potato salad:
- 2 lbs. potatoes
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces. Place them in a pot of cold salted water, bring to a boil, and cook until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, chopped celery, diced red onion, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and chopped fresh parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Before serving, give the potato salad a gentle stir and add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
Potato salad can be a versatile dish that can be customized to your liking. Some people prefer to add diced pickles or relish for a tangy flavor, while others prefer to add boiled eggs or bacon for some extra protein. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to give your potato salad a unique twist. Just be sure to taste as you go so you can adjust the seasonings to your liking. And, if you’re looking to make your potato salad healthier, you can substitute Greek yogurt for mayonnaise or use a mixture of both to lighten up the dish.
Enjoy your delicious potato salad!
In conclusion, potato salad is a versatile and tasty dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you prefer a creamy or tangy dressing, there are many ways to customize this recipe to suit your tastes. With a little bit of time and effort, you can make a potato salad that is sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering.