To make Dalgona candy, also known as Ppopgi, you will need just a few ingredients and some patience. This Korean sweet treat is a delicious, crunchy candy that can be made at home with just a few simple steps. In this guide, we will take you through the process of making Dalgona candy step-by-step, so you can enjoy this sweet and satisfying treat at home.
Dalgona candy is a popular Korean treat that has taken the world by storm. It is essentially a hard candy that has a light and airy texture, similar to that of cotton candy. Making Dalgona candy is a fun activity that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make Dalgona candy at home:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Food coloring (optional)
- Grease a baking sheet with oil and set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and let the mixture boil. Do not stir the mixture during this process. Keep a close eye on the mixture and use a candy thermometer to measure the temperature.
- When the mixture reaches 300°F (150°C), remove it from the heat.
- Add the baking soda to the mixture and stir it quickly until it’s evenly distributed.
- If you want to add food coloring to your candy, do so at this stage.
- Pour the hot candy mixture onto the greased baking sheet. Be careful not to burn yourself in the process.
- Let the candy cool for a few minutes until it’s warm to the touch.
- Use a metal scraper or a spatula to lift the edges of the candy and fold it over onto itself. Keep doing this until the candy becomes stiff and glossy.
- When the candy is stiff enough to hold its shape, use your hands to pull and stretch it into long strands.
- Twist the strands together to form a rope.
- Use scissors to cut the rope into small pieces.
- Your Dalgona candy is ready to be enjoyed! Store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
To make Dalgona candy, you will need to start by combining equal parts sugar, water, and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves completely. Once the sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and allow the mixture to boil until it reaches the hard-crack stage, which is around 300°F on a candy thermometer.
Once the mixture has reached the correct temperature, remove it from the heat and add in your desired flavoring and food coloring. Pour the mixture onto a greased baking sheet and allow it to cool and harden completely. Once the candy has hardened, break it into pieces and enjoy!
It’s important to use caution when working with hot sugar, as it can cause severe burns if it comes into contact with skin. Be sure to wear gloves and use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature of the mixture throughout the cooking process.