Cookies are a classic treat loved by people of all ages. Whether you’re baking them for a special occasion or just for a sweet snack, homemade cookies are always a hit. Making cookies from scratch can seem daunting, but it’s actually quite simple with the right recipe and tools. Plus, the satisfaction of enjoying freshly baked cookies straight from the oven makes it all worth it.
Making cookies is a fun and rewarding activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Whether you’re making them for a special occasion or just for a snack, fresh-baked cookies are hard to beat. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your freshly-baked cookies!
- If you want your cookies to be chewier, add an extra egg yolk to the dough.
- For a crispier texture, flatten the cookie dough balls slightly before baking.
- To make the cookies even more decadent, add chopped nuts or shredded coconut to the dough.
- To store your cookies, place them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
Finally, once your cookies are baked, let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will ensure that they don’t break apart when you try to move them. Then, it’s time to enjoy your delicious homemade cookies with a cold glass of milk or your favorite beverage. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be a cookie-making pro in no time.