Butter chicken is a popular Indian dish that is loved for its rich, creamy and savory flavor. It is a perfect blend of Indian spices and creamy tomato sauce that makes it a favorite among foodies around the world. With a little practice, you can master the art of making butter chicken and impress your family and friends with this delicious and authentic Indian dish. If you want to learn how to make butter chicken at home, then follow these simple steps:
- 500 grams boneless chicken
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, pureed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Marinate the chicken: In a bowl, mix the plain yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt. Add the boneless chicken pieces to the bowl and coat them well with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cook the chicken: Heat the butter and oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook until it is browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the onions: In the same pan, add the chopped onions and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato puree: Add the tomato puree to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the pan: Add the cooked chicken back to the pan and stir well.
- Add cream: Pour in the heavy cream and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes until it has thickened.
- Serve: Transfer the butter chicken to a serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Enjoy your homemade butter chicken with rice or naan bread!
Butter chicken is traditionally served with naan bread or basmati rice, but it can also be enjoyed with other types of bread or rice. To add an extra layer of flavor, you can garnish the dish with fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, or a squeeze of lime juice. Further, leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days and reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop. With a little practice and patience, you can master the art of making butter chicken and enjoy this delicious dish anytime you want.
In conclusion, butter chicken is a delicious and popular dish that can be enjoyed by people all around the world. While it may seem complex to make, following the right recipe and techniques can make it a straightforward and enjoyable experience. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or for a group, butter chicken is sure to be a hit. So gather your ingredients and start cooking!