Making an Oreo cheesecake can be a fun and rewarding experience for dessert lovers. While it may seem like a complex dessert to make, with a few key ingredients and some simple steps, you can create a rich, creamy and delicious Oreo cheesecake that will impress your friends and family. In this recipe, you will learn how to make a classic Oreo crust, a creamy and tangy cheesecake filling, and a sweet and smooth Oreo topping that will take your cheesecake to the next level. So, let’s get started!
here are the full details on how to make an Oreo Cheesecake:
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C) and grease a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crush 24 Oreo cookies in a food processor until they become fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until the mixture is fully combined.
- Press the Oreo mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan, using the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Chill in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and vanilla extract, then continue to beat until fully combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until fully combined after each addition.
- Mix in sour cream and flour until just combined.
- Roughly chop the remaining 12 Oreo cookies and fold them into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is almost set. Let cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the whipped cream topping, combine heavy cream and sugar in a large bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and place it on a serving plate. Pipe or spread the whipped cream over the top of the cheesecake.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Note: You can also garnish the cheesecake with additional crushed Oreos, chocolate sauce, or fresh berries, if desired.
Once the cheesecake has cooled, it’s ready to serve and enjoy! Serve chilled and enjoy your delicious Oreo cheesecake!