To make almond milk, you’ll need raw almonds, water, a blender or food processor, and a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Begin by soaking one cup of almonds in water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Drain the almonds and rinse them with fresh water.
Next, add the soaked almonds and 4 cups of fresh water to a blender or food processor. Blend on high speed for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Then, place a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth over a large bowl or pitcher, and pour the almond mixture into it. Gently squeeze or press the pulp with a spoon or spatula to extract as much liquid as possible.
If desired, you can sweeten your almond milk with a natural sweetener like honey, maple syrup, or dates. You can also add flavorings like vanilla extract, cocoa powder, or cinnamon.
Store your homemade almond milk in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Give it a good shake before serving, as it may separate over time.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious almond milk in smoothies, coffee, cereal, or simply on its own!
To make almond milk, you will need:
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 4 cups of filtered water
- Sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Soak the almonds overnight in water.
- Drain the water and rinse the almonds.
- Add the soaked almonds and 4 cups of fresh filtered water to a blender.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Place a nut milk bag or cheesecloth over a large bowl and pour the almond mixture into the bag/cloth.
- Squeeze the bag/cloth to extract as much milk as possible.
- Optional: Sweeten the almond milk to taste with your preferred sweetener.
- Store the almond milk in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Enjoy your homemade almond milk in smoothies, oatmeal, or as a dairy-free milk alternative in your favorite recipes!
Almond milk is a great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant, vegan, or simply looking to reduce their dairy intake. It’s also a good source of vitamin E, magnesium, and fiber. Plus, making your own almond milk allows you to control the ingredients and sweetness level, and it can be a fun and rewarding DIY project. So next time you’re craving almond milk, give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious and healthy drink!