The entertainment industry is known for its glamorous and lucrative lifestyle, but it can also be a cutthroat business. While some actors manage to have long and successful careers, others find themselves in hot water due to their bad behavior on set. Here are 10 actors who were fired for their misconduct while filming.
- Charlie Sheen Charlie Sheen was fired from the popular TV show Two and a Half Men in 2011 after his erratic behavior, drug use, and public rants caused major disruptions on set. The show’s creator, Chuck Lorre, issued a statement citing Sheen’s “dangerously self-destructive conduct” as the reason for his dismissal.
- Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey’s career was derailed in 2017 after multiple allegations of sexual assault and harassment were made against him. He was fired from the Netflix series House of Cards and replaced in the film All the Money in the World, with his scenes reshot with Christopher Plummer.
- Shia LaBeouf Shia LaBeouf was fired from the movie Orphans in 2013 after getting into a heated argument with co-star Alec Baldwin. He also caused a disturbance on the set of Fury in 2014, leading to his temporary removal from the production.
- Edward Norton Edward Norton was fired from the movie The Incredible Hulk in 2008 after disputes with director Louis Leterrier and Marvel Studios over the film’s final cut. Norton has since stated that he regrets how the situation played out.
- Katherine Heigl Katherine Heigl was fired from the TV show Grey’s Anatomy in 2010 after criticizing the show’s writing and declining to submit herself for Emmy consideration. She later expressed regret over her behavior and attempted to make amends with the show’s creator and cast.
- Thomas Gibson Thomas Gibson was fired from the TV show Criminal Minds in 2016 after an altercation with a producer on set. He had previously been suspended from the show for kicking a writer.
- Isaiah Washington Isaiah Washington was fired from the TV show Grey’s Anatomy in 2007 after using a homophobic slur against co-star T.R. Knight. He has since apologized for his behavior and worked to promote LGBTQ+ rights.
- Columbus Short Columbus Short was fired from the TV show Scandal in 2014 after multiple allegations of domestic violence and substance abuse. He has since sought treatment for his issues and expressed regret for his behavior.
- Chevy Chase Chevy Chase was fired from the TV show Community in 2012 after conflicts with the show’s creator and cast members. He later apologized for his behavior and attempted to make amends.
- Claire Danes Claire Danes was fired from the TV show My So-Called Life in 1994 after disagreements with the show’s producers over her availability for future seasons. The show was cancelled shortly after her departure.
These actors’ behavior on set not only affected their careers, but also had consequences for their colleagues and productions. It serves as a reminder that in the highly competitive entertainment industry, professionalism and respect for others are essential for success.