Elvis Presley, known as the “King of Rock and Roll,” was not only a beloved performer but also a close friend to many in the entertainment industry. Unfortunately, the music legend’s life was marked by several tragedies, including the untimely deaths of some of his closest friends. Here are eight celebrities with close connections to Elvis whose deaths were marked by tragedy:
- Nick Adams – Actor Nick Adams was a close friend of Elvis and even appeared in two of his films, “Love Me Tender” and “Frankie and Johnny.” However, Adams’ life ended in tragedy when he was found dead in his home at the age of 36 in 1968, likely due to an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.
- Andy Kaufman – Comedian Andy Kaufman was a huge Elvis fan and even performed his own Elvis impersonation. However, Kaufman’s life was cut short at the age of 35 in 1984 when he died of lung cancer.
- Vic Morrow – Actor Vic Morrow also appeared in “Love Me Tender” with Elvis, but his life was tragically cut short in 1982 while filming “Twilight Zone: The Movie.” Morrow and two child actors were killed when a helicopter crashed on set.
- Ricky Nelson – Ricky Nelson was a close friend of Elvis and even performed with him in the movie “Loving You.” However, Nelson’s life ended in tragedy in 1985 when he died in a plane crash at the age of 45.
- Jenny Maxwell – Actress Jenny Maxwell appeared alongside Elvis in “Blue Hawaii” and “Kid Galahad.” However, her life ended tragically at the age of 35 in 1981 when she was murdered by her estranged husband.
- Judy Tyler – Judy Tyler co-starred with Elvis in the film “Jailhouse Rock” but her life was cut short in 1957 at the age of 24 in a car accident with her husband.
- Natalie Wood – Natalie Wood was a close friend of Elvis and even appeared in one of his films, “King Creole.” However, Wood’s life ended tragically at the age of 43 in 1981 when she drowned while boating with her husband and actor Christopher Walken.
- Carolyn Jones – Carolyn Jones co-starred with Elvis in the film “King Creole.” She later went on to star in the hit TV series “The Addams Family.” However, her life was cut short at the age of 53 in 1983 due to complications from colon cancer.
These tragic deaths serve as a reminder of the fragility of life, and how even those close to the rich and famous are not immune to life’s tragedies. Elvis may have lost many close friends, but their memories live on through their work and the impact they had on the entertainment industry.