In the world of entertainment, actors and stars come and go, but some have managed to stand the test of time and age gracefully. Despite the toll that time can take, there are still several legendary performers who have continued to live on, entertaining audiences for decades. Here, we take a look at the 10 oldest living actors and stars, many of whom have left an indelible mark on the industry.
As we celebrate the longevity and success of some of our favorite actors and stars, it’s important to remember those who have stood the test of time. Here are 10 of the oldest living actors and stars who have left a lasting impact on the entertainment industry:
- Norman Lloyd – Born on November 8, 1914, Norman Lloyd is a renowned actor, producer, and director who has been part of the entertainment industry for over 90 years. He is known for his roles in films such as Saboteur (1942) and Dead Poets Society (1989).
- Betty White – Born on January 17, 1922, Betty White is a beloved actress and television personality who has been active in the industry for over 80 years. She is best known for her roles in The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-77) and The Golden Girls (1985-92).
- Olivia de Havilland – Born on July 1, 1916, Olivia de Havilland is a legendary actress who starred in many classic films, including Gone with the Wind (1939) and The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938). She passed away on July 26, 2020 at the age of 104.
- Kirk Douglas – Born on December 9, 1916, Kirk Douglas was an iconic actor, producer, and director who starred in many memorable films, including Spartacus (1960) and Paths of Glory (1957). He passed away on February 5, 2020 at the age of 103.
- Sidney Poitier – Born on February 20, 1927, Sidney Poitier is a trailblazing actor, director, and diplomat who paved the way for future generations of Black actors. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in Lilies of the Field (1963).
- Angela Lansbury – Born on October 16, 1925, Angela Lansbury is an acclaimed actress and singer who has been active in the industry for over 70 years. She is best known for her roles in Murder, She Wrote (1984-96) and Beauty and the Beast (1991).
- Eva Marie Saint – Born on July 4, 1924, Eva Marie Saint is a celebrated actress who starred in many classic films, including On the Waterfront (1954) and North by Northwest (1959). She won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in On the Waterfront.
- Gina Lollobrigida – Born on July 4, 1927, Gina Lollobrigida is an Italian actress who was one of the most popular European actresses of the 1950s and 1960s. She starred in many films, including Trapeze (1956) and Bread, Love and Dreams (1953).
- Robert Wagner – Born on February 10, 1930, Robert Wagner is an actor who has been active in the industry for over 70 years. He is best known for his roles in the television series It Takes a Thief (1968-70) and Hart to Hart (1979-84).
- James Earl Jones – Born on January 17, 1931, James Earl Jones is a legendary actor who is known for his distinctive voice and powerful performances. He has appeared in many films, including The Lion King (1994) and Field of Dreams (1989).
These 10 oldest living actors and stars have truly made their mark on the world of entertainment, leaving behind a legacy that will continue to inspire generations to come. Their dedication, hard work, and talent have made them true icons of the industry. As they continue to age, we can only hope to see them grace the screen once again, showcasing their incredible talent and reminding us of the lasting impact they have had on the world of film and television.
These actors and stars have contributed greatly to the entertainment industry and have left a lasting impact on audiences worldwide. As they continue to age gracefully, we celebrate their talent and legacy. However, some of them have passed away recently, leaving behind a legacy in the entertainment industry.