Bob Eubanks’ Newlywed Game is a classic television game show that aired from 1966 to 2013. The show features newly married couples who answer questions about their relationship to win prizes. The show’s success led to various spin-offs and adaptations in different countries, including the UK, Canada, and Australia. Additionally, Bob Eubanks hosted the show for a total of 4,000 episodes throughout its run. Here are 10 facts about the show:
- Bob Eubanks was the original host of the show, and he remained the host for most of its run.
- The show was created by Chuck Barris, who also created The Dating Game and The Gong Show.
- The Newlywed Game was known for its risqué questions and answers, which often led to humorous and awkward moments.
- The show’s catchphrase, “Let’s see who’s going to do some kissing,” was uttered by Eubanks before the couples were asked to kiss.
- The show’s theme song, “Melody of Love,” was composed by H. Engelmann in 1903 and was played by a live orchestra on the show.
- The show’s popularity led to several spin-offs, including The Newlywed Game-Honeymooners, The Newlywed Game-Starring Paul Rodriguez, and The Newlywed Game-Sherri Shepherd.
- The show’s format changed over the years, with the addition of new rounds and questions. In later seasons, the show featured celebrity couples as contestants.
- The show’s set was designed to look like a living room, with a sofa, chairs, and a coffee table.
- In 2009, GSN aired a documentary about the show called Bob Eubanks’ The Newlywed Game: The Classic Game Show Returns, which featured interviews with Eubanks and former contestants.
- The Newlywed Game was one of the longest-running game shows in television history, airing for over 4,000 episodes. Despite ending in 2013, the show continues to be remembered as a beloved classic of the genre.
In conclusion, The Newlywed Game, hosted by Bob Eubanks, was a groundbreaking show that brought a new level of excitement and entertainment to television audiences. It was able to capture the essence of love and romance through its fun and revealing questions, creating unforgettable moments for both the couples and the viewers. Despite ending its original run in 1974, the show continues to be a beloved classic that has inspired countless imitations and remakes. Bob Eubanks and The Newlywed Game have left an indelible mark on television history, and their legacy will continue to be celebrated for years to come.